Judy O won the raffle quilt. Congratulations
September: Nancy L
October: Virginia C – curved piecing
November: no meeting
December: Christmas Party
January: Betty W
May: Challenge reveal and voting
Basin Piecemakers Quilt Guild Minutes
Date: July 25th 2017
Correspondence report: none
Hospitality: card sent to Debbie S
Day meeting: met at Roylene S; small group of 6 but had a good time.
Artsy: new project TBA
Brown bag: Keep passing
Crazy ladies: New project – provide 7” background for each person in group,
hand or machine applique flower onto block, handout will be provided
Challenge: Christmas carol/song, wall hanging size, any technique, due June
Raffle: Starfire drawing at August picnic
Quilt Show 2018: “Sewing is Therapy and Quilts my Reward, still need help
on some committees
Donation Quilts for VA: Another box will be sent soon, Dona S.
Quilts can be any size, using red, white and blue fabrics. Make a
whole quilt or a block or two.
Raffle quilt 2018: Make a Pinwheel block (12 ½ unfinished) with ½ sq
triangles using true blue and
solid white fabrics. Blocks due September meeting.
Class: by Milk Bottle Quilt Co. a success, 8 members made and displayed
CPR Class to be taught at the Hospital, 1 hour, no charge
Fair: Registration due Aug 6, need help for committee: clean, judge, hang,
Sign-up sheets: sign-up sheets sent around for guild meeting program &
Day meeting hosts, Christmas party, fair, coordinate/arrange
Program: Roylene S. taught how to make a quilt back using fat quarters
Show and Tell: beautiful quilts shared
Name tag drawing winner: Kathy K.
Refreshments were provided by: Karen C. and Norma P.
Next business meeting: Aug 22nd 6pm at the park across from Immanuel Lutheran
Pre-dinner: none for August
Next day meeting: August 8th – Kathy K.
Next month’s program: September – Nancy L
Depict your favorite Christmas Song….
Make a wall-hanging size.
Any medium, pieced, appliqued.
Due at the May Meeting, 2018.
For more information, Thomasene L.
Blue and White
12 and 1/2 inch unfinished for large pinwheel block.
or 6 and 1/2 unfinished for small block.
Use solid white fabric for background.
Blocks due Sept. meeting.
Basin Piecemaker’s Quilt Guild
Date: June 27, 2017
Introduction of Guests and Members: Meeting was opened at 7 pm and members and guests welcomed.
Question of the Evening: Do you do another craft as well as quilting?
Minutes: Minutes of the May 23 meeting were approved as submitted.
Treasurer’s Report: Barb S. presented the following information:
Day Meeting – Barb P. reported that 8 members attended the meeting and had a great day. Next hostess for July is Roylene S.
Hospitality: It was reported: 1) Kerri R.’s father passed away this morning and 2) Wilma P. was hospitalized and is now at home recuperating from a recent illness. Please keep these members in your thoughts and prayers.
Artsy: Last pass around.
Brown Bag: Dona S. reported that members should keep passing the brown bag.
Crazy Ladies: New project starts in September. Project will have a flower theme with hand applique or invisible machine applique. So far, five people have signed up for this group.
Challenge: Kay U. reported that there were 11 entries in the Challenge Quilt project and these will be displayed tonight in the church sanctuary and voted on by members as the evening’s program.
Raffle Quilt: ‘Starfire’ quilt raffle is being coordinated by Kathy R., Barb B., Virginia C., Regan B., and Lois W. The drawing will be held at the August picnic on August 22
Slate of Officers:
Co-presidents: Laurel W. and Merridy M.
Secretary: Thomasene L.
The slate of officers was voted on and unanimously passed. The new officers will assume their duties at the July, 2017 meeting.
1. Quilt Show for June, 2018: Kathy R. held a short meeting following the business meeting to discuss possible themes and other details/sign-ups. The theme agreed upon was: “Sewing is Therapy and Quilts my Reward.” The tentative dates will be June 22-24, 2018. An application for using the high school for the show was submitted, but no response has been received to date.
2. Donation Quilts for VA: Dona S. reported that she had sent 4 quilts to the VA Hospital this month. She also told the group that she had placed a box of fabrics on the back table and anyone willing to work on a red, white, blue quilt to send to the VA Hospital was welcome to use some of these fabrics.
3. Basin Piecemakers Name Tags: Remember to make your name tag in order to be eligible for door prizes at the meeting. Pattern is available.
4. Raffle Tickets for “Starfire” Quilt: Please get your ticket stubs and money to Lois W.
5. Summer Class by Milk Bottle Quilt Co.—Merridy M. reported that the embellished burlap bag class will be held on July 22 from 10 am to 2 pm. It is a potluck event and the cost for the class is $25. She told the group that not everyone would need a sewing machine of their own so small groups may wish to just bring one machine to share. Anyone who has extra fabrics or bling trims should bring them to class.
6. July Program: Roylene S. will provide the program.
1. CPR Class: Karen C. presented a sign-up sheet for anyone who wishes to receive CPR training. She is working with the Fire Dept. to get a class scheduled. This training would especially be helpful for those attending the retreats to provide immediate assistance should an emergency occur.
2. Grant County Fair: Roylene sent a sign-up sheet around the group for volunteers who wish to help at the fairgrounds to prepare, register, and judge at the quilt show held there. Roylene also reported that quilt entry registration is handled online. Last year 89 quilts were entered and she urged everyone to enter their quilts this year.
Dates to remember:
August 11 – Cleanup – registration in late afternoon
August 12 – Registration – 9am – 1pm – Judging
August 14 – Hang quilts
3. New Committee for Raffle Quilt: A committee consisting of MaryAnn B., Lois W. and Betty W. presented the new idea for the raffle quilt which will be raffled at the 2018 Quilt Show. The pattern chosen was for a 12-1/2 inch unfinished block with pinwheels of half square triangles made from true blue and Kona white fabric. Squares should be submitted by the September meeting.
4. Challenge Committee: Thomasene L. will head this committee, and she presented an idea that was agreed upon by the members for the next challenge project. A wall hanging is to be made featuring each quilter’s favorite Christmas song or poem.
The Challenge quilts were displayed and voted on by members. Each quilt maker showed her quilt and told the story of how she decided on her pattern. The winners were:
First Place – Carole J.
Second Place – Laurel W.
Third Place – Joan D.
Show and Tell: – Several people showed new quilts and projects.
Next regular meeting: July 25 at Immanuel Lutheran Church.
April Pre-dinner: El Rodeo
Refreshments: Karen C. and Norma P.
Program: Roylene S.
Next Day Meeting: July 11 at the home of Roylene S.